Securing Cloud Applications: Understanding why CNAPPs are vital to your Cloud Security Strategy
What are the benefits of cloud native application protection platforms and what value can they add to your cloud security program? Cloud native application protection platforms (CNAPPs) are security solutions designed to provide protection for cloud-native applications running in the cloud. These platforms offer several features and benefits, including:
- Comprehensive security: CNAPPs provide a comprehensive set of security capabilities that cover a wide range of security concerns, including network security, identity and access management, data protection, and compliance.
- Automation and orchestration: CNAPPs leverage automation and orchestration to enable the deployment of security policies across multiple cloud environments, making it easier to manage security at scale.
- Multi-cloud support: CNAPPs support multiple cloud environments, including public, private, and hybrid clouds, enabling organizations to secure their cloud applications regardless of the cloud environment they are running on.
- Integration with DevOps workflows: CNAPPs integrate with DevOps workflows to enable the seamless integration of security into the development process, enabling developers to build and deploy secure applications.
- Real-time threat detection and response: CNAPPs provide real-time threat detection and response capabilities, enabling organizations to quickly detect and respond to security threats.
The value that CNAPPs add to a cloud security program includes:
- Improved visibility: CNAPPs provide organizations with increased visibility into their cloud environments, enabling them to identify potential security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Enhanced security posture: CNAPPs enable organizations to improve their security posture by providing a comprehensive set of security capabilities that cover a wide range of security concerns.
- Compliance: CNAPPs help organizations achieve compliance with various security standards and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Reduced risk: CNAPPs help organizations reduce the risk of security breaches and data loss by providing real-time threat detection and response capabilities.
Overall, CNAPPs offer a range of features and benefits that can significantly enhance the security of cloud-native applications running in the cloud. By providing comprehensive security capabilities, automation and orchestration, multi-cloud support, and real-time threat detection and response, CNAPPs can add significant value to a cloud security program, enabling organizations to build and deploy secure applications in the cloud.